Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Day, Another Paladin

Today was the 24 hour downtime for the Area 52 and Ysera servers, which meant no access to my current stable of toons.  Okay, I do have a Hunter on Stormscale, but I wasn't that interested in sitting down and figuring out which talent track to take.

So what's your friendly neighborhood Paladin to do?

Find another server and roll up a new Paladin, naturally.

(What?  I like Paladins.  Souldat likes tanks.  Your point?)

I'd tried three of the four Paladin races --Blood Elf, Draenei, and Human-- so that meant I was rolling up a Dwarf.  Besides, given the heat of mid-summer, looking at a nice frozen starting zone has its appeal.

Within five minutes of starting up and bapping wolves, somone got on Gen Chat and said, "Hey there.  My server's down."

"Imagine that," I replied.  "Same here."

I wasn't quite sure how I was going to handle having a liberal dosage of Gnomes running around, but the toons that I saw had dark hair --not pink-- and that actually makes them look halfway decent.  Still can't stand the voices, though.

One thing that I found interesting about the Dwarf/Gnome starting zone is the presence of Trolls.  Just how those Trolls ended up being detoured into the frozen mountains is beyond me --someone went a little too heavy on the mojo, mon-- but by my count that makes Trolls one of the most popular low level baddies out there, right up with Murlocs and Goblins.  I can only imagine what it would be like for a Dwarf arriving in Northrend, having fought the voodoo gang all the way since the beginning, reaching the Grizzly Hills and exclaiming "Not these idiots again!"

Anyway, there's not that much to report, since I'd have to putter around this Pally a bit before I decide what to do with him.  He'll probably end up something along the lines of my fourth string Paladin, but who knows?  Maybe I'll actually try tanking with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment