Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blitzkrieg

I've done my share of battlegrounds in the past, but a couple of days ago I tried my hand at something new:  rated battlegrounds.

The result can be described in two words:  Ye Gods.

Although we were in three BGs that night, I think we set some sort of record for losing in the Battle of Gilneas, because we lost in exactly 01:44.  The opposing team swarmed over us and took the flags as if we weren't even there.  Their composition --something like 50/30/20 Healers/Rogues/Tanks-- made it impossible to get more than a few hits in before getting obliterated.

"Geez, Q," one of the guildies told me, "I only got two heals out on your mage before she bit it."

Oh yeah.  Now I know what a mop feels like when you're dumped in dirty water. 

I think the only BG experience that is comparable is the time I ported into Alterac Valley as Tom to find only five fellow Alliance players against a full complement of Hordies.  Even then, I lasted longer in the ensuing fight against an 8:1 ratio.

If you want to run rated BGs, think about Arenas first.  Trust me.  For myself, I think I'm going to stick to regular BGs, because by comparison the pace is much more relaxing.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go pry a knife out of Neve's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment