Monday, June 23, 2014

About those TPS reports...

It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, out there on the prairie...
--Garrison Keillor, A Prairie Home Companion (pick an episode, any episode)


Yeah, it was a quiet week last week.

I ran some battlegrounds and perused another MMO (watch this space for more info), but other than that, not much happened.  Well, in MMO gaming space, anyway.

Last week was a week more for getting things done around the house: painting the kitchen, painting an adirondack chair (with another one to be built on the docket), replacing the 20 year old entertainment center with a more modern design* that had "some assembly required", and some annual cleaning of the heat pump and the porch/deck.

Yeah, Summer is here in the Midwest.

I did break my "only AV and IoC" battleground credo after finally getting what I consider to be enough Prideful gear (meaning I finally had enough Conquest points to get the Prideful weapon), and I promptly regretted it. There were so many bot filled games that it makes you want to pull your hair out, and to add insult to injury the Alliance was back to bad habits, where I as a (at best) partially Conquest geared Rogue was in the top 3 in health on most of the games I played.

If you're a fresh 90 and you're just chain running regular BGs, you're doing yourself and your team a disfavor. If you're Alliance, queueing for AV and IoC will get you a full Honor set much more quickly than the "queueing for random" strategy.  If you're Horde, just go ahead and pick anything OTHER than AV and IoC; hell, I think I've won Silvershard Mines as Alliance only once the entire expac, and why any Horde would queue for anything else for free honor is beyond me.

***

Overheard in MMOs:

In Eye of the Storm (WoW):

Me: Just how many bots do we have?
Other Rogue: Well, there's you and me at least.
::silence::
Other Rogue: Oh, that's not good.
Me: I don't know about you, but I'm going to hang out around FR for a while.


In Warsong Gulch (WoW):

Hunter: Blizz loves bots, you know.
Me: Okay, I'll bite. How do you figure?
Hunter: They keep their sub numbers up. They used to ban more of these bots but they stopped when their numbers started dropping this expac.
DK: Plummeting, you mean.


In Republic side Taris (SWTOR):

Player 1: Aaaaahh! When will this planet end?
Player 2: I don't like it either.
Me: What's not to love? Jedis and zombies. Er, ghouls.
Player 3: Zombies!
Me: Yeah, but movie zombies act like ghouls.
Player 4: OMG, you play D&D. I can tell.
Me: Guilty!


On Republic side Alderaan (SWTOR):

Mini-Red #1: I don't like politics.
Me: You're still on the opening zone, aren't you.
MR1: Yes, and I don't like the politics!
Me: It gets more interesting starting in the second zone.
MR1: AAA! I can't stand House Thul or Organa or the other guys!
Me: Just relax, kid. It's not a big deal. It's not like Belsavis, anyway.
MR1: Is there politics there too?
Me: No, the planet never seems to end. Just when you think that you've reached the final zone, there's ANOTHER freaking zone to travel to. And that's not even the Bonus Series.
MR1: ...


In Republic side Taris (SWTOR, whispered conversation):

Player: You get to have Risha as a companion?
Me (realizing I had Risha out): Um, yeah.
Player: When does that happen?
Me: Not for a while yet. I don't want to give out spoilers.
Player: Oh, come on!
Me: I'll tell you this much, it'll be in Chapter One sometime.
Player: Like that helps a lot.
Me: It's worth the wait. The Smuggler story is the best one Republic side, IMHO.




*Which is step one in eventually replacing our old --and I'd like to emphasize the 'old' part-- 25" RCA television with a new digital model.

No comments:

Post a Comment