Friday, June 12, 2015

How'd I Miss this Noon (EDT) Press Release? Oh right, work....

Okay, NOW I'm curious.

EA's press release ahead of the E3 presentation promises a major new expac for SWTOR:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.

I know EA has taken their lumps --and deservedly so-- over the years, but maybe they're actually learning something from what their customers are telling them.

And here all I was interested in at E3 was what Nintendo had up their collective sleeve: a new Zelda game (likely), another major property (given the success of Splatoon), and some other new games for the Wii U. I don't have an XBox or a Playstation so their press conferences don't interest me, and anything new from Blizzard (likely) will be announced at Blizzcon.

Now, if some other MMO companies can get out there and generate some buzz, I'd be fine with that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment