Wednesday, December 21, 2016

In Other News...

...I'm likely the last person in the gamer universe to notice the cleverly-integrated-into-the-comic reveal that the face of Overwatch, Tracer, is gay.*

From Blizzard. And Polygon.


Here's the Polygon post on the subject.

I personally think it's a great idea, not strictly from a representation PoV, but also from a story angle. Having perused the comic itself, it just simply fits with the story. And Tracer herself, really. Not so much as a surprise (in my mind) as a feeling that everything clicks.

Which is as it should be.





*Or at the very least, bi.

2 comments:

  1. It's a bit sad that this is newsworthy. But I can fully understand why it has people excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am (im)patiently waiting for the day when this is no longer newsworthy. But after 2016, I'll take all the good news on the representation front we can get.

      Delete